Saturday, March 25, 2006

12 weeks old

Mummy went for her check-up today.

I was sleeping but somehow got irritated when I was hit by some waves (ultrasound). Aunty Wee Chee said I am growing well, I measure 6.5cm. She also measured the skin behind my neck and looked for my nasal bridge and said "good, no signs of down syndrome." Umm... I wonder what is that?

Mummy's weight : 57.6kg (put on 0.6kg)

Mummy also made partial payment for the delivery package today, she opted for C-Section. Looks like she dowan me to make my entrance to the world at my own timing, but will see the fengshui master for a good date.

************************************************************************************
Fetal Development:
Third MonthBy this point, nearly all of the organs and structures of the fetus are formed. They will continue to grow and develop until delivery. Fingers and toes have separated and hair and nails begin to grow. The genitals begin to take on their gender characteristics. Amniotic fluid begins to accumulate as the baby's kidneys begin to produce and excrete urine. The muscles in the intestinal walls begin to practice peristalsis - contractions within the intestines that digest food.

Maternal Changes:
Around this week, your uterus will shift up and forward as it grows. The good news is it won't be pressing on your bladder so much and those bathroom visits will get less frequent. Enjoy this while you can because by the third trimester, the uterus will grow large enough to sit on your bladder once again.

Morning sickness is usually getting better by this time, and you may be less tired. Headaches and light-headedness are common now thanks to the increased blood volume but be sure to discuss these symptoms with your care provider.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home